Monday, August 18, 2008

Stay at home mom

We had always said, the day we had a baby, I would stay home. We both always agreed on that, I had my mom growing up and I want my kids to experience the same. I never thought it would be this hard, never thought I would be this tired either. I love my daughter, more than my own life, but having to care for someone 24 - 7 is not too much, but a lot. I would do it all over again, but I'm tired. It doesn't help that she is super active, she wants to be doing something every minute of her day. Forget about napping, that's for babies! If she sleeps for an hour that's a lot! I do not get those 3 hours nap where I can scrapbook, I hardly have time to take a shower, and make up is not on my to do list any more. I would like to do things around the house, bake a cake, sew a dress, but there is no time, and if there is, I have no energy! Right now, she is sitting next to me, complaining because she is not moving! I can swear she just said "Oh baby!" but 6 months old babies don't talk I know.
The weather doesn't help either, I would love to take her to the park, or for a walk, but there is a hurricane coming and looks like night time outside right now.
Now she is trying to drink her milk from the bottom of her bottle, that makes me smile and reminds me why I'm so happy!

No comments: